Pages


Thursday, March 17, 2011

New years resolution starting now...

Ok so our new years resolution was to update our blog with fun new stuff... Things Ryan loves to cook... Things I Can cook... And whatever else!

So here we go!!!

So I'm finally learning a little bit about cooking!
It's amazing that after 5 and half years this is honestly the first year I have even tried. Normally I sit my little butt on the couch and watch my reality shows peacefully while my amazing husband make the most delicious meal ever!!! I know it sounds really lame but it's true, Plus I'm really not allowed in the kitchen because when i am in there I usually spill, drop, or mess Something up! So basically what I'm trying to say, for all those Cooking Challenged people is that IF I CAN DO IT... YOU CAN DO IT!!!

So tonight I decided to cook... and it was amazing...


Healthy Tortilla Soup

You will need:

Cilantro
1 Lime
1 tomato
1 can of cooked chicken breast (I know its not the best but it works)- optional
Cumin
Mexican spices( or whatever you have)
Red onion
1/2 Jalapeño pepper
1/2 Serrano pepper
Vegetable stock Or I use vegetable base (so I can make my own broth)
Coconut oil or olive oil
Avocado

So basically all I did was...

Chop onions and peppers
Sauté onion, jalapeño and Serrano pepper in 1 Tbsp coconut oil for about 5 min
Then in a pot add vegetable base to 6 cups of water and bring to a boil
Then add 1 tsp cumin to sauted vegetables and some chipolte seasoning or what ever Mexican seasoning you have... And sauté for 5 more minutes
Chop tomatoes, cilantro and cut lime in half
Add onions and peppers mixture to stock
add chicken tomato And cilantro to broth and squeeze the whole lime into broth
Bring to a boil again
Pour into a bowl and add avocado
You can also add cheese and tortilla strips to make it really delicious!!!

And that's it!
it's really delicious and I'm sure it's not that bad for u... I really have no idea because I dont know the nutritional facts but it good!
So please try It and let me know what you think

Also more to come with chef Ryan... He's dishes will be Amazing and Different and Healthy, but a bit more complicated for those who can handle it! mine will be very simple and easy for the Cooking Challenged ones... Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment